Tag Archive for 'design'
To celebrate the great city in which I live, I added a few new Austin themed items to the shop.
“Howdy from Austin, Texas” Letterpress Postcard
2012 Austin Wall Calendar
Gerren and I recently closed down shop and went on a vacation of a lifetime. We traveled to Italy and France. Here are some pics of our adventures in Italy.
- We rented apartments for most of our trip through HomeAway and AirBnB. I highly recommend it! It was fun to live like a local, visit the market and cook our own food once in a while.
- Gelato! It’s homemade and in abundance.
- Piazza Navona, it’s a beautiful square filled with local artists, live music and great cafes.
- Boboli Gardens: Lush gardens you can get lost in. Perfect for a romantic stroll and views of the countryside.
- Museo Galileo: This is an eclectic museum filled with gadgets and gizmos a plenty (globes, clocks, telescopes, star charts). If you are into steampunk and astronomy, it’s a must see!
- Piazza Michelangelo: A hilltop terrace overlooking the city. Be sure to explore the charming neighborhood below.
Cinque Terre Highlights:
- The Food: Pasta frutti di mare (fresh seafood and pasta)! The best I’ve ever had. Ask for a glass of the local wine, as each village makes their own.
- The beach: Even in October it was warm enough to swim. Monterosso has the best beach and boardwalk, perfect for snorkeling or people watching.
- The Views: Corniglia sits on top of a hill and has magnificent views of the coastline. Be prepared for a strenuous uphill hike to reach it.
Just updated the Satchel & Sage shop on etsy. We evolved some of our illustrations into textiles and now offer handmade patterned pillow cases! Have a look-
Here is a preview of the new Satchel & Sage 2012 year-at-a-glance wall calendars .
My husband Gerren and I were featured on Clever Betty this week, check it out. Clever Betty is a blog loaded with craft inspiration from Missouri-based creative, Lauren. Also, she’s got an active etsy shop where she sells cute handmade clutches and hair accessories; these are some of my favs below. Thanks Lauren!