Design Throwdown Results!

The Design Throwdown results are in and the winner is Team Ahoy!  We only won by a small margin, so kudos go to our competitors Team Pinboard: Bien Living Design and Pantomime Papers for creatively repurposing the entire doormat. Thank you both so much for participating!

Here’s what people said about Team Ahoy:

•“Something about that cute little whale with “Ahoy” makes me smile.”
•“I think I would give this one to Team Ahoy (but I have a slight obsession with all things nautical, so I might be biased!)”
•“So cute!! That little whale makes me so happy!”

Here’s what people said about Team Pinboard:

• “SO…I totally love the stenciled design…but the pinboard wins hands down in my book because it repurposed the whole thing! LOVE it!!”
  • “Oooh, I think they’re both really cute! I never would have thought to turn a doormat into a pinboard”
  • “Both look awesome, and the pinboard is really out of the box”
  • “They are both seriously cute.. I love the concept behind the pinboard one; never would have thought of that!”

8 Comments on Design Throwdown Results!

1. Gerren
    March 24, 2011 at 11:55 am (6 years ago)

I love both results, and this competition idea altogether!

The type in the whale spout puts Team Ahoy in the lead for me, but I really like how Team Pinboard re-purposed the material for a different use. Both are really smart.

2. Cassie
    March 31, 2011 at 10:11 am (6 years ago)

That door mat is just too cute! Something like that would look great at the front door of my island home :) Congrats on the win!

3. Morgana
    March 31, 2011 at 10:24 am (6 years ago)

Thanks so much! Wow an island home, sounds wonderful.

4. Ada @ New York
    April 11, 2011 at 4:13 pm (6 years ago)

I LOVE BOTH!!! Glad I was not the judge :) I may feature both designs in my blog to show people the awesome TALENT of these 2 teams! Thanks so much for creating + sharing.

• Morgana
      April 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks, that would be great :) You should participate in a throwdown with us too!

5. Josie
    April 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm (6 years ago)

Just saw that you guys won! That’s great! Both were completely adorable & great end results!

• Morgana
      April 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm (6 years ago)

Thanks!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Design Throwdown Results!

1. [...] Shop « Pop up follow-up Design Throwdown Results! » [...]