Welcome to the first official Design Throwdown! Because of our love for home projects and all things DIY, Kelsey of Minted Life and I decided to launch Design Throwdown. Design Throwdown is a design challenge in which two individuals (or two teams), compete in a redesign of a similar home décor item. We felt this would be a fun way to involve others and share great project ideas.
Here are the rules for entry:
- Find a challenger that wants to participate in the Design Throwdown. You can either compete one on one or in teams.
- Agree on timeline, budget (if necessary) and home décor item to redo. Items must be similar in size, style and quality (examples: mirror, bookshelf, chair, etc).
- Get as creative as possible and, think outside the box. You want to win, right??
- Submit photos of the redesign process and before and after photos.
- Start the throwdown! Have fun!! And good luck!
- If you want to participate in a Design Throwdown, email us!
Check out the the first Design Throwdown between Team Ahoy: Kelsey and I and Team Pinboard: Bien Living Design and Pantomime Papers . For our throw down we chose to redesign an IKEA door mat.
How we made the Door Mat:
1. We drew and cut our own stencils.
2. Placed the stencils on the mat. We used felt sticky letters to stencil the “Ahoy”
3.Painted the mat with red, white and blue spay paint
4. Let dry for 20 min. and done!
Update: Results are in!
Vote for your favorite throw down below!
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool