Craft for a Cause

Recently, our craft club participated in a project organized by Craft Hope. Craft Hope is an initiative that gathers crafters from around the globe and provides them with opportunities to create and donate their handmade goods to a charitable cause. We participated in Craft Hope’s Project 11, which called for crafters to make birthing kits to aid Knobit Sante, an organization that provides medical and educational resources to the people of Haiti.

The birthing supplies requested for the kits were very basic items: soap, string, alcohol wipes, latex gloves etc. We packed the supplies along with handmade felt softies in sturdy canvas bags that we stenciled in bright colors. Before we knew it ten kits were complete and ready to be shipped. Participating in this project was a great experience, thank you to all the wonderful gals that helped out!

7 Comments on Craft for a Cause

1. kelsey@mintedlife
    March 2, 2011 at 8:05 am (7 years ago)

I’m sad I missed it!! Ironically I was at a birth, so maybe I was there in spirit. :)

2. Monica
    March 2, 2011 at 6:45 pm (7 years ago)

:( sorry we missed it, too!!! we’ll be there for SURE next time!!! it’s National Craft Month! how COULD we?!

3. Josie
    March 2, 2011 at 10:12 pm (7 years ago)

Very nice pictures, Morgana! :D I especially LOVE the felt softies! I’m sorry that I couldn’t make it after all but it looks like you guys had a great time!

4. Morgana
    March 3, 2011 at 9:26 am (7 years ago)

It’s ok ladies, we can all paricipate in the next Craft Hope Project.

5. Kimberly
    March 3, 2011 at 4:56 pm (7 years ago)

What a great cause!!!!

6. Skeek Frazee
    March 5, 2011 at 8:40 pm (7 years ago)

I serve on the board of Konbit Sante and want to extend my thanks to you gals for your creativity and caring. I look forward to making these kits available to trained birth attendants in Cap Haitien, Haiti. The photos and stories from Craft Hope have filled ME with hope. The world is filled with kind and generous people. Thank you again.